Cockroach Pest Control, Protection & Removal
- There are 4 main types of cockroaches that normally infest a home; the American, Oriental ,German and brown banded cockroach
- Cockroaches are primarily nocturnal
- Adult life span for most cockroaches is between 6 and 12 months
- Clean up after food immediately and dishes should not be left unwashed
- All food should be stored in plastic air tight containers
- Water availability should be reduced where possible e.g. leaky taps or pipes
- Garbage should be stored in tightly closed containers
- Where feasible, cracks and crevices that may harbour cockroaches should be filled in
Did you know?
- Some female cockroaches mate once and are pregnant for the rest of their lives
- A cockroach can live a week without its head. The cockroach only dies because without a mouth, it can’t drink water and dies of thirst.
- Cockroaches can run up to three miles in an hour
- Cockroaches can live without food for a month, but will only survive a week without water
- Cockroaches can climb walls because they are equipped with a set of little claws on their feet designed for that very purpose.
For more information, Call Murray Pest Control on 8334 1000